Students and Alumni Advisory Council
The Student and Alumni Advisory Council was created in January of 2014 through a meeting of the MDP Secretariat and the global MDP academic institutions. Since then, the SAAC has formed a governance structure as well as a Constitution. The three purposes of SAAC are to:
- Represent student and alumni opinions and interests within the Global MDP Association
- Provide professional platform(s) for job opportunities, networking, and the promotion of the MDP brand to employers
- Create platforms for MDP students and alumni for discussion, global projects, and ideas sharing
Every MDP student should have the opportunity to voice their concerns, suggestions and needs through SAAC, and SAAC activities and information should flow back down to students. To enable this, SAAC is comprised of three levels – school, regional, and global.
- School: Each MDP Institution should have 2-3 representatives.
- Regional: The 2-3 representatives from each school sit on their respective Regional SAAC (East Asia, South Asia, Africa, North America, Latin America, and Europe).
- Global: One to two representatives from each Regional SAAC will be elected to sit on the Global SAAC.