Global Association Advisory Board
The Global Association Advisory Board (GAAB) refers to the organizational and governance structure of the Global Association. GAAB is comprised of the President, the Academic Steering Committee, Academic Advisory Council, Global Advisory Council, Students and Alumni Council and the MDP Secretariat. In order to function effectively the. If you have any questions about the Global Association Advisory Board, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The president of the Global Association is the MDP champion and leader at the host academic institution that houses the Global Association.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, Director, Earth Institute, Columbia University
Academic Steering Committee (ASC):
ASC is the mission and vision setting, policy-making, strategic planning body of the Global Association of MDP programs. ASC is comprised of six members of the Global Association, each representing one region of the world.
- Chenghi Yin, Tsinghua University, China (East Asia)
- Flavia Rocha, Universidade Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Latin America)
- David Nugent, Emory University, USA (North America)
- Labode Popoola, University of Ibadan, Nigeria (Africa)
- Smtri Das , TERI, India (South Asia)
- Patrick Paul Walsh, Trinity College Dublin & University College Dublin, Ireland (Europe)
Global Advisory Council (GAC):
Leaders, experts, and scholars are nominated to GAC by the members of the Global Association. Each GAC member represents one of the Global Association regions of the world (East Asia, Latin America, North America, Africa, South Asia, and Europe) . Their role is to assist and/or advise the Global Association.
- Brian Atwood, Professor, University of Minnesota
- Lloyd Axworthy, President, University of Winnipeg
- Kathleen Cravero-Kristoffersson, President, Oak Foundation
- Helene Gayle, President & CEO, CARE
- Carlos Enrique Cavelier, President, Alqueria Dairy, Colombia
- Carlos Ferreira Castro, UNDP
- Jeff Koplan, Director & Professor, Global Health Institute, Emory University
- R.K. Pachauri, Director-General, TERI, India
- Mary Robinson, President, Foundation and Chair, Board of Trustees, Mary Robinson Foundation
- Dolores Rojas Rubio, Coordinator, Fundacion Heinrich Boell, Mexico
- David J. Sammons, Professor emeritus of Agronomy and former Dean, University of Florida International Center
- Fabio Scarano, Senior Vice President, Americas, Conservation International
- Erik Solheim, Chair, OECD, Development Assistance Committee
Academic Advisory Council (AAC)
AAC consists of all MDP faculty directors or coordinators, equal to the number of members in the Global Association, one per MDP program.
Students and Alumni Advisory Council (SAAC)
SAAC advocates for the interests and needs of the MDP students and alumni in the Global Association. Learn more about SAAC here.
- Amanda Joynt, Chair, U of Waterloo
- Hilmy Ishak, Vice Chair, U of Peradeniya
- Seth Marsala-Bell, Treasurer, U of Florida
Global MDP Secretariat
The MDP Secretariat serves as the administrative arm of the Global Association. The Secretariat supports, coordinates and oversees the activities of the Global Association.
- Lucia Rodriguez, Director