Summit Dates, Registration and FAQs
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
2020 SUMMIT DATES:
- Tuesday, June 2 (MDP Summit Opens; 8am to 6pm)
- Wednesday, June 3 (MDP Summit Continues; 8am to 6pm)
- Thursday, June 4 (MDP Summit closes at 5pm.)
- Friday, June 5 to Sunday, June 6 (Highly recommended Field Visit
MDP SUMMIT REGISTRATION:
Register today, here. Registration includes,
- MDP Summit Venue
- Breakfast and lunch for three days (June 2-4)
- Summit breaks (with water, coffee, tea and snacks)
- One special dinner organized by U of Ibadan, Nigeria
- Hard copies of the MDP Summit agenda
- Welcome bag from U of Ibadan, Nigeria
- RT transportation from Lagos Airport to Ibadan.
The Field Trip is for one night and two days (June 5-6) and will include,
- RT Transportation from Ibadan to Lagos Airport
- Meals on both days
- Water bottles fro the entire trip
- Lodging for one night
Register today, here.
SUMMIT AND FIELD TRIP COST:
- MDP Summit (June 2-4), US$350 + taxes and fees
- MDP Summit Field Trip (June 5-6), US$150+ taxes and fees
Register today, here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Where will the 2020 MDP Summit take place?
- This year we will meet at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- Centre for Sustainable Development (CESDEV) will co-host the 2020 MDP Summit
- The MDP Summit venue will be at CESDEV, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Who is invited to the 2020 MDP Summit?
- MDP Faculty Directors
- MDP high level administrators (e.g., Deans, Provosts, Rectors)
- Guest faculty members (MDP or non-MDP such as SDSN members)
- MDP Students and Alumni
- Actual or Potential Employers of MDP students
- When should I arrive?
- Monday, June 1.
- The official start of the 2020 MDP Summit is Tuesday, June 2nd at 8:00AM.
- Which airport in Nigeria should I fly to?
- Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Please note that RT transportation (from Lagos to the conference venue in Ibadan) will be available only for those who fly to Lagos.
- How should I get from Lagos to Ibadan, Nigeria?
- Transportation will be provided by the University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Those who fly to any airport other than Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, must arrange their own RT transportation to the University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- It is about a 3 hours drive between Lagos and Ibadan.
- Where will I stay in Ibadan?
- What if I can only attend part of the 2020 MDP Summit?
- We highly encourage you to attend the full MDP Summit.
- The registration fee does not cover the full cost of each person’s attendance. Therefore the registration fee will not be pro-rated.
- What is the Field Site Visit?
- What are the Visa/Passport/Vaccination requirements I should complete before travelling to Nigeria, Africa?
- Visa/Passport/Vaccination requirements to enter Nigeria vary for every country. Please contact your embassy with ample time to make sure you have completed the requirements before your departure.
- Visit http://www.worldtravelguide.net/ for a general overview of these requirements
- It is highly recommended to apply for a visa as soon as possible. The University of Ibadan and the MDP Secretariat will help facilitate invitation letters are your request. Please contact Lucia Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you would need an invitation letter.
- What should I wear to the MDP Summit?
- Business casual is the attire of the MDP Summit. More formal summer wear for the MDP Summit dinner sponsored by the University of Ibadan.