Call for Abstracts for the 4th International Conference on Sustainable Development

The Global Association of Master’s in Development Practice Programs (MDP), in collaboration with the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), will hold the Fourth Annual International Conference on Sustainable Development (ICSD) on 21 & 22 September, 2016, at Columbia University in New York City.

Abstract submission and conference registration will take place on the conference website, www.ic-sd.org.

If you would like to present at the conference, you must submit an abstract as directed below. Theconference is also open to observers (i.e. non-presenters). Simply register on the conference website to join us.

The conference theme is Moving Forward: The SDGs in Practice. The aim of the conference is to bring together persons involved in research, policy, practice, and business. Participants will share practical solutions for achieving the SDGs at local and national levels. Abstracts should be directly relevant to one of the following 4 Themes and one of the following 4 Topics:

4 Thematic Areas

1. Innovation in Technology & Governance

2. Data (data systems, gaps, how to collect, etc.)

3. The Science-Policy-Implementation Interface

4. Education and Training

4 Topics

1. Low Carbon Urban Development

2. Socially Inclusive Economic Growth

3. Agriculture, Food Security & Nutrition

4. Disaster Resiliency & Adaptation

Interested presenters should submit a 1,000-word abstract, in English, via the conference website. Each abstract may only be submitted once and under one theme & topic. Failure to answer questions on the submission form or the submission of the same abstract under multiple themes could result in the abstract being declined.  The conference committee will review abstracts and send all decision letters by 30 May 2016. Abstracts can be accepted as either poster or oral (i.e. PowerPoint) presentations. Presenters invited to give oral presentations must submit a full paper by 1 August 2016 in order to maintain their position in the program. Presenters failing to submit full papers will be moved to poster presentations. Presenters who do not register before the 1 September 2016 deadline may also forfeit their spot in the agenda.

Abstract Timeline

1 March 2016 Call for Abstracts Open

1 May 2016 Abstracts & Presenter Information Due

1 June 2016 Abstract Decision Letters Emailed

1 August 2016 Submission of Full Papers with Accepted Abstracts Are Due

Comments

• Yeshey Choden says:

I am a final year student taking masters in development practice under the Royal University of Bhutan in the College of Natural Resources in Bhutan.
    I would like to attend the conference. But do you support air tickets and living expense as well for those wanting to attend from a developing nation?
    Thanks
    Yeshey Choden (975-77489141)

• lrodriguez says:

Dear Yeshey,

Thank you for your interest!! Although we would love to offer travel grants we are not sure yet how much money we will be able to raise. But we do know that if we are able to raise any money it will NOT be enough to cover all of your travel expenses. Last year the most that we offered students was US$1000. We should know what will be possible in early June or so.

Best regards,

Lucia Rodriguez
      MDP Secretariat

• DR. ASELA NATHANIEL AGALA says:

Compliments of the day.
    I am Dr. Asela Nathaniel Agala,a health worker with a developmental agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria ( Niger Delta Development Commission).
    I will like to attend the 4th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE IN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN SEPTEMBER 2016 AT THE COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY,NEW YORK CITY. Please kindly send me an invitation letter detailing the cost of attendance and accommodation to enable me submit to my institution to sponsor my trip.
    Many thanks!

• Lucia Rodriguez says:

Thank you for your email. Please note that you need EITHER an accepted paper OR proof of registration and payment of the conference fee to receive a visa letter.

Please make sure to request for a visa letter by writing to info@ic-sd.orgmailto:info@ic-sd.org before August 1.

The email must include your full name as it appears on your passport, passport number, gender, title, institution, and mailing address.

Visa letters are sent bi-monthly, thank you for your patience.

• D.M.T.Chathura says:

Dear sir/Madam,

I am a MDP masters student in University of Peradeniya Sri Lanka, I like to participate Sustainable development conference 2016 in New York city.
    As a student can i participate it? if any financial helps organization given?

what is the method can i participate the summit?

Regards
    Chathura

• Lucia Rodriguez says:

Dear Chathura,

You are in luck! From my understanding Peradeniya will organize a regional ICSD. Have you heard about this affiliated conference?

• Alcide Isaac says:

I’m Isaac Alcide
    I want to congratulate the teem.
    I’m Haïtien, and I want to talk part at the conference this year, that’s why I allready make my inscription, I only need a lettre for doing visa application .

Thanks

• Lucia Rodriguez says:

Please make sure to request for a visa letter by writing to info@ic-sd.org before August 1.

Visa letters are sent bi-monthly, thank you for your patience.

Submit Comment